Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Dark Ride - Burning Bridges (Zachary Cox Mix)
Hi guys!

Really enjoyed this mix, Ive been waiting for a heavy track like this for a while now!

Ive actually been sat on this one for a few weeks as I forgot to upload after I finished, Ive given it another listen through with fresh ears and I'm still quite pleased with it.
Id love to know what you guys think of it!

Cheers!
Zac

.m4a    Burning Bridges 1.1.m4a --  (Download: 8.62 MB)

Music Tech Student.
London College of Music.
Good mix Zac, I´m impressed. At first I thought it was the original track Smile There are some details that need more love like the small guitar riff before the 2nd chorus (at 1:41 - it sounds boring without a phaser/flanger/automated EQ-boost) but this is all minor stuff. On the other hand small details like this seperate the good from the great mixes imho Smile Great work on the guitar solo too, especially the 2nd half - you really nailed the balance between solo guitar and choir.

For me this is one of the best mixes so far but I´m just the artist who wrote/recorded it. Dave/The Metallurgist can give you a far more detailed analysis of your mix if he reads this thread.
(28-10-2014, 04:53 PM)Blitzzz Wrote: Good mix Zac, I´m impressed. At first I thought it was the original track Smile There are some details that need more love like the small guitar riff before the 2nd chorus (at 1:41 - it sounds boring without a phaser/flanger/automated EQ-boost) but this is all minor stuff. On the other hand small details like this seperate the good from the great mixes imho Smile Great work on the guitar solo too, especially the 2nd half - you really nailed the balance between solo guitar and choir.

For me this is one of the best mixes so far but I´m just the artist who wrote/recorded it. Dave/The Metallurgist can give you a far more detailed analysis of your mix if he reads this thread.

Oh wow, thanks for the kind words!
But I can totally agree with that, one thing that sounds slightly off will draw peoples attention more than the rest which may sound great.
Would love to hear what Dave thinks of the mix, id probably go back and upload a 1.2 with improvements then!

Thanks a lot!
Music Tech Student.
London College of Music.