Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mix Trial
Trying to mix, let me know how I did. FYI this is the "edited" version.

.mp3    Daisy Daisy.mp3 --  (Download: 671.86 KB)

Nice punchy kick sound on the big speakers, and seems to translate pretty well on the small system too. Overall the balance is respectable too, I'd say, with a nice sense of 'band in a room' blend -- I can hear everything perfectly well, despite the overtly 'garagey' sound (which is all to the good). I do wonder, though, whether you might have scooped out the mids a bit too far here. Some more 700Hz-1.5kHz on the guitars in particular might help them sound a little less spongey, and the vocals might also benefit too. Could the snare have a bit more low-mid weight? It sounds quite aggressively high-passed to me, and although this feel necessary from a technical standpoint, it might be throwing the baby out with the bathwater.
(19-12-2012, 07:35 AM)Jaslaybaugh Wrote: Trying to mix, let me know how I did. FYI this is the "edited" version.

Hi there, I'd love to hear your mix in the full version with guitar solo and all. As Mike Senior pointed out I really the like the cohesive all in one room sound, theres a nice bit of space around the mix and the overall balances are really pleasing to the ear as well. Nice job!