Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Loud and clear V4
Latest version has the vocals slightly submerged under the band in the choruses. I can see the thinking here, in terms of trying to make the band seem powerful, but I think you've overdone it a bit. I'd try to get less power out of the cymbals, more out of the guitars/piano and then sneak up the vocals a little more. Nice verse vocal sound -- like that a lot.
(26-10-2014, 05:55 AM)azwayne Wrote: For my taste, too much on that lower piano mic. I also agree with the cymbals comment. There are hits at 1:49 and 1:56 which are very importand and good to make more prominent but some of the random hits underneath the vocals I think should be tamped down some. I can tell that you're trying to go for a very aggressive sounding mix but I think you're a tad overshooting in some respects. On the refrain at ~1:20, that entrance is quite weak. Might want to see what you can do about making that poke out a bit more. It sounds like maybe you took the better vocal tracks and faked double tracks on some parts? (No comment there, just wondering.)

Overall, it's okay but it doesn't quite feel like everything is sitting where it's supposed to to me. Dunno... maybe thin out some sections of the tune and try to use that to build a bigger climax maybe? (I still haven't decided how I'm going to hand that. Still working through the vocal refinements.)

Thank you Azwayne for having a listen and feedback Big Grin !

Please Help Mike Keep This Awesome Educational Site Alive And Become A patron !
https://www.patreon.com/CambridgeMT/posts

(29-10-2014, 10:46 AM)Mike Senior Wrote: Latest version has the vocals slightly submerged under the band in the choruses. I can see the thinking here, in terms of trying to make the band seem powerful, but I think you've overdone it a bit. I'd try to get less power out of the cymbals, more out of the guitars/piano and then sneak up the vocals a little more. Nice verse vocal sound -- like that a lot.

Thanks Mike for taking the time to have a listen and great advice I really appreciate it Big Grin !

Please Help Mike Keep This Awesome Educational Site Alive And Become A patron !
https://www.patreon.com/CambridgeMT/posts