Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hey Carrie Anne
I really like this song I just wish that it had been recorded better.

Although I wanted to replace some of the stuff I decided not to, however I did add/enhance a few small things.

Over all I feel pretty good about my mix but I would like your thoughts and opinions.

Thanks

.mp3    Hey Carrie Anne Bounce 10-14-2014 MP3.mp3 --  (Download: 4.41 MB)

Interesting and very nice song.
Good work!
(14-10-2014, 11:58 PM)KoehnTerry Wrote: I really like this song I just wish that it had been recorded better.

Although I wanted to replace some of the stuff I decided not to, however I did add/enhance a few small things.

Over all I feel pretty good about my mix but I would like your thoughts and opinions.

Thanks

Ah ah, the insects page. You added a cricket (very nice) and M-D has the ant crawling around the screen as his avatar... inspiring.

I have a couple of suggestions:
1)
- the lead vox is quite dark. And getting a tad more air only in the final chorus. I assume its a choice of taste.
- Also the piano, violins/cellos are mixed dark and hollow.
It seems you applied deliberately some high shelving (nudge) on the singing tracks. It may be a good artistic intro, but keeping it for the whole song may get boring.
Have a run with the mixes from the "masters" of the forum. If you hear too much high freqs, you may have a problem with your monitoring.

2)
the timpani look to me not well defined (not much attack or transient tuning) and they just blur in the low-freq jam with the bass. Most people had instead interpreted the timpani as the climax explosion of the song (like in modern cinematography soundtracks). Or at least have improved the percussive attack.

hope this helps
cheers
"... I'm listening. Yes."
from Switzerland
(16-10-2014, 10:25 PM)Lammy Wrote: Ah ah, the insects page. You added a cricket (very nice) and M-D has the ant crawling around the screen as his avatar... inspiring.

Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin