Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Loud & Clear - M-D
Audio Technica Demo
'Loud & Clear'

.mp3    Loud And Clear - M-D.mp3 --  (Download: 10.24 MB)

Hi M-D
Sound pretty well balanced tuning the vocals is a real challenge, I can hear a little distortion on the kick go easy on the bus compression and limiting Big Grin.

Please Help Mike Keep This Awesome Educational Site Alive And Become A patron !
https://www.patreon.com/CambridgeMT/posts

(19-10-2014, 01:05 AM)thedon Wrote: Hi M-D
Sound pretty well balanced tuning the vocals is a real challenge, I can hear a little distortion on the kick go easy on the bus compression and limiting Big Grin.

Ahh thedon, you know, this kick is nightmare, bad and not properly record tracks () but if I found short time in next week I fix it.
Thanks thedon!! :-)
I think balances are probably quite ok. But you have an extremely heavy compression at least in drums. It prevent’s the proper analysing of the sound.

Especially the snare sounds odd.

I would suggest first try to make the sound you want without thinking the loudness. (Turn you references 10 db down). When you’re happy with your sound, print it. And after that try to make it louder without destroying the main sound.

As the vox is super wide in yelling parts, you should maybe check the alignment better. In headphones you’ll hear the problem clearly. Or try to make the low end of vox-bus mono.

That avatar is super cool!
Thanks Olli ;-)
I will try to make 2nd version in next week..

(19-10-2014, 06:54 PM)Olli H Wrote: That avatar is super cool!

Big Grin
Wow -- supercompressed snare, which is a novel vision here! Not sure you quite get away with making this into that kind of style, though, so I'd probably bring that processing back a notch. Vocal sibilance is a big issue here too, so I'd certainly de-ess, but probably also increase the release-time of the vocal compression too.
(29-10-2014, 10:29 AM)Mike Senior Wrote: Wow -- supercompressed snare, which is a novel vision here! Not sure you quite get away with making this into that kind of style, though, so I'd probably bring that processing back a notch. Vocal sibilance is a big issue here too, so I'd certainly de-ess, but probably also increase the release-time of the vocal compression too.

Thanks Mike!
I work on some tweaks.

This is 2nd v.
It's a little different from the first version
but, you know, small changes mean a lot of things :-)
Well..

.mp3    Loud And Clear 2nd - M-D.mp3 --  (Download: 10.21 MB)