Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
RE: The Brew: What I Want
I did my Mix using Sonar x3 and Focal Professional Headphones
.. I did push it . give me some comments..

.mp3    the BrewMX!.mp3 --  (Download: 3.63 MB)

Hello Nicolas,

I think the mix is on the right way. What I would look at though are the drums. The cymbals are too dominant and bright to me, they catch too much attention. The snare is also really thin sounding, well I know the snare track sounded that thin. The bass drum is yet audible but could drive more in the lowend. If you could fix that I think your mix would win enormous.

Cheers,
Andy
(15-10-2014, 05:51 PM)AndyGallas Wrote: Hello Nicolas,

I think the mix is on the right way. What I would look at though are the drums. The cymbals are too dominant and bright to me, they catch too much attention. The snare is also really thin sounding, well I know the snare track sounded that thin. The bass drum is yet audible but could drive more in the lowend. If you could fix that I think your mix would win enormous.

Cheers,
Andy

Hey Thanks for your comments!
I went back and listen to it again and ....you hit the spot right on!..
Thanks.. Good ears!!
Nice mix.

Great choice of reverb/delay/fx on the lead vocal. Maybe taper the repeats/feedback so it tails of faster (or automate), as there's a few places it clutters the following lyrics.

Timing is quite loose on the background vocals (a matter of style only there) -- was that deliberate or from pre-delays etc on the fx? Nice bk vox hook added in the outro.

Guitar solo sounds great.

To pick up on another comment re the drums: if you want the cymbals up as a matter of taste you could pan them L/R. Then they can stay up without cluttering the mix (in mono they'll drop 3db vs the center anyway).

A touch more base maybe (either from the kick or bass guitar) -- but that is purely a matter of style on my part.
All sound is a distortion of silence / soundcloud.com/jeffd42
Thanks Jeff!
you are right on the panning.. I don't know why I did not did that .!! I usually do it.. and you are right it helps with the cluttewring and makes the drums bigger...
thanks>!!!