Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Loud n clear - Voelund
Finally got somthin like finished on this tough one
Very well suited to the days it were mixed in, tough that is, spent some weeks with ideas for this in the back of my head but other things to do.
This is how it turned out.
And Im not sure I want to redo it Big Grin
Gonna try that new Shaking through thing and see what I can do to that.

Kind o excited to hear any reaction to this as I tried not to fall into one of many traps i usually fall into Big Grin

OBS: New mix in post 17, updated kick/bas eq and saturated bras

.mp3    Loud n clear M_S 09.mp3 --  (Download: 10.22 MB)

Old ears, old gear, little boy inside love music and sounds and my wife, not necessarily in that order
Hey dude,

interesting version. I like the idea of the intro. Vocals are very clear and nice sounding, but the drums are a bit to muddy in my view (give them more presence). But nevertheless, nice mix.

Check out my Version.

Cheers, Eric
Overall sound is very good to me.

Nothing to complain about balances.

I like those vox delays here and there.

The bass in intro that comes just before drums is cool.

So very good job.

Some checking points that came to my mind:
- Snare is slightly ”pok” and the kick quite ”umph”. I think they don’t make a pair. As if they don’t belong to the same kit.
- Sound of the vocals in verse feels odd. Is there douple vox in mono and in other places not?
- In small instrumental part around 1:50 solo guitar is quite distant.
- 1:03 there’s a scratch in your vinyl

So no good reason to open up this project any more:

(13-10-2014, 07:27 PM)Voelund Wrote: Gonna try that new Shaking through thing and see what I can do to that.

The new weatherwane is much more interesting song. I recommend it. When you’re ready, just put a message to me, and you’ll get comments. It's a pity that those new weatherwane songs don't come up here anymore, as that weatherwane forum is technically unusable and frustrating place.

Yes.. I changed arrangement a bit more than a bit in B piece and outro
the lack of comments on that means that Im surrounded by polite people or they didnt notice.
Both scenarios are cool

As I did what I could do with a song I didnt like mich, even though its catchy Im movin on to the next:
Thx Olli I´ll do that when its finished
I wrote to Mike last time I mixed a weathervane song and no forum here and he made one.
And that song isnt bad. I think the outro there is crap so Im makin a new one Big Grin
See you in new song
Old ears, old gear, little boy inside love music and sounds and my wife, not necessarily in that order
Your changes must have been very good and natural, as I didn't notice them. On the other hand I wasn't comparing to original. Normally I forget the details of the arrangement within two days I've stopped mixing mine.
Big Grin Thats the way to do it, focus on whats important. Whish I could practice that all the time.
I have a (too) big musical memory ...
You must be a young man, if you don't have memory problems yet. If I remember correctly I should be already older than 30, so it's natural for me to have a reduced capacities in various areas of life.
Young is a relative number. Im older than I used to be but younger than I´ll be when Im really old Big Grin

You mentioned the doubletracked vox in verses. Thats why I didnt scratch this song, I loved it, reminded me of Ozzy, and I love Ozzy so I loved that part and had to mix it just for that Big Grin
How about one of my favorite songs: "...but I was so much older then, I'm younger than that now!"
Great Big Grin
And then lets play the Boxer: Older than I once was, younger than I´ll be but thats not unuaual ..

Do we need a forum for stuff not related to mixin ? YES Big Grin