Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Loud and Clear (West 3rd Studios Mix)
This was a fun song to mix, but also very tedious. Here's my take on it, hope you enjoy it!

.mp3    Loud and Clear.mp3 --  (Download: 10.2 MB)

Good one!
(11-10-2014, 11:41 AM)Olli H Wrote: Good one!

Thanks!!
I like your mix Mitchell !
Nice clean sound ,the drums sound great especially I like the snare Big Grin !

Good job Big Grin

Please Help Mike Keep This Awesome Educational Site Alive And Become A patron !
https://www.patreon.com/CambridgeMT/posts

(19-10-2014, 01:16 AM)thedon Wrote: I like your mix Mitchell !
Nice clean sound ,the drums sound great especially I like the snare Big Grin !

Good job Big Grin

Thank you very much!! Big Grin
Wow, good job, dude.

I've been so busy with other things I'm still trying to tame the vocals because I don't want to lose the layering if I can help it. I think after a last pass tomorrow night I should be able to actually start looking at the instrument tracks and get into the mixing process.
Old West Audio
(24-10-2014, 07:03 AM)azwayne Wrote: Wow, good job, dude.

I've been so busy with other things I'm still trying to tame the vocals because I don't want to lose the layering if I can help it. I think after a last pass tomorrow night I should be able to actually start looking at the instrument tracks and get into the mixing process.

Thanks for your comment! I had a difficult time with the vocals too. I spent about 50% of the mix just on them alone and actually saved the vocals for last simply because they were already so "big" sounding. I didn't want to compromise any of the instruments by having to mix around them. Still not completely happy with the vocals though, but it's one of those things lol Thanks again for the comment, good luck with your mix!
Yeah, this mix is deffinitely a good way to teach someone mad melodyne skills. I just wish I had the full polyphonic version. (Since this is so far just me learning the art, I'm only willing to fork out for Editor just now, along with the fact that it is a relatively inexpensive upgrade from what was included with Sonar.) Working standalone is best to try to adjust some of the expected variances without making them sound artificial but it is a lot harder to do in separate windows and working as a plugin is just a non-starter until you're pretty close to what you want.
Old West Audio
Lots of attack and punch here, but a little at the expense of sustain and power for me. I'd try to feature the acoustic guitar and piano more in the texture to help there, and maybe filter the horns a little less severely. The vocals are also a bit stranded over the texture in the chorus and middle section, so some short blending effects might help there.
(29-10-2014, 10:55 AM)Mike Senior Wrote: Lots of attack and punch here, but a little at the expense of sustain and power for me. I'd try to feature the acoustic guitar and piano more in the texture to help there, and maybe filter the horns a little less severely. The vocals are also a bit stranded over the texture in the chorus and middle section, so some short blending effects might help there.

Thanks for the feedback and suggestions!