Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Daisy Daisy
Hi.

This is the mix i did for the mixoff site. But i retouched a couple of things like removing some bass mud (is still muddy) and raising the guitars levels a bit. I should do some changes specially to the bass and fix the vocal sibilance but i still like the vibe of the mix.

.mp3    Daisy Daisy - jeremias666 mix.mp3 --  (Download: 4.98 MB)

Please comment on others mixes, this site is all about feedback.
Hi Jeremia,
you did a powerful mix that i like it, (and i guess that it isn't mastered yet).

in my opinion, after a good mastering session this track could play more better.

i can hear just one simple problem: did you use some master compression?? 'cause there is a lot of it... especially on vocals.
be safe.
Sardhouse

ps: yesterday i mixed again this track and this morning performed the mastering. please check my track and tell me what you feel about it.
Recording engineer David Williams said, “It’s quite ironic: We got rid of our
analog equipment, replaced it with digital, then spent the next couple
of decades trying to get the digital to sound like the analog we
got rid of.”
There is no master bus compression. There is a pseudo mastering with just a limiter on the master bus.

Jeremiah where do you get your drums sampled from.
BFD2 Joe Barresi Evil Drums expansion.

I really like the snare sound i got in this mix. I guess is one of the piccolo snares, cant know the exact one i used because i bounced the drums to audio.
Good mix. In my opinion its kind of dark and muddy but if that's what you are going for then its ok. I definitely loved the punch it has and I think that if the limiting was as obvious it would be a even better mix. I will say though I love how you treated the solo.
Its dark on purpouse, i dont think i could make a hi fi mix out of this tracks, its beyond my skills.

I agree its a little on the muddy side but i dont think its a problem i tried to make the bass cover a lot of the spectrum specially in the low mids, i liked that better than making the guitars low mid heavy.

What do you mean by the limiting thing? do you think i should make the mix more squashed and saturated?
Im sorry, i meant to say wasnt as obvious. Mainly the pumping, if you had less of that it would be better.
The top end of the mix sounds pretty good - nice vocal clarity, and the guitars and the top end of the drum kit come through nicely.

The low end needs a lot of work, though. It sounds like you have boosted the bass and sub bass frequencies quite heavily. If your monitoring doesn't allow you to hear the low end in your mix, check it out on a frequency analyser - you'll see what I mean. If you compare it to a commercial mix in a similar genre, you'll hear the buildup in the low end.

As counter-intuitive as it sounds, sometimes cutting low frequencies, not boosting them will give you a tighter, more defined bass. In a fast rock song of this tempo there is simply no room for this much bass. Pretty much all the information below 50hz is superfluous to the song

Because sub bass frequencies take up so much headroom, you're also doing you mix a disservice in the sense that the sub bass and bass frequencies are triggering the mix compression/limiting and causing massive "pumping" of the mix. That's fine in a EDM or dance track, but not for punk rock.

If you get your low end under control you'll be golden!
All 10 FytaKyte Multi-Tracks available for you to mix with purchase of Album here: https://fytakyte.bandcamp.com/releases