Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
On the line Obelix mix
Amazing song performed by amazing musicians. I only aded some reverb and little EQ, only highpass filters to keep the low end of cellos away from bass and little boosts in high end to make tracks shine more .

.mp3    untitled67.mp3 --  (Download: 9.78 MB)

Hi, here’s my subjective comments

Instrument balances feel just fine to me
Separation is good
Vocal sounds great
acoustic guitar whole top end maybe too crisp, it causes easily fatigue
I have difficulties hearing the bass.

The last to comments makes me wonder if your monitors in your room are too bass heavy and dull on high end. If so, it would mean that your mix would sound just perfect to my ears if I could hear them through your system. But through my (hopefully somewhat balanced) system the overall sound ends up to be little thin and too crisp.

How about trying this: http://www.roomeqwizard.com/
It’s free
And here’s the guide
http://realtraps.com/art_measuring.htm

If you happen to do those test, I’m glad to comment them privately or in public. (I’m not expert in that area, but I’ do have some experience of that process and DIY room treatment)
Hi,

I agree with Olli. Good balance through out the song but a little harsh in the upper region.

Otherwise a great job!

Cheers,
/Marcus
(25-09-2014, 04:12 PM)Jamolir Wrote: Hi,

I agree with Olli. Good balance through out the song but a little harsh in the upper region.

Otherwise a great job!

Cheers,
/Marcus

I listened to some mixes of this song and they were dull and too dark for my taste. I actually like a bit brighter sound of acoustic guitar, but if that top end sounded too harsh for you I would fix it. And, as Olli said, I would bring the bass up.
A little darker guitar and more bass.

.mp3    on the line.mp3 --  (Download: 9.78 MB)

I find the second mix much better balanced. Sometimes I feel that the kick is a little bit loud, but that's something easy to fix with just some automation. But anyway, you got a good sound here!
mixing since April 2013
(27-09-2014, 08:37 PM)Obelix Wrote: A little darker guitar and more bass.

Nice take, good job
I feel the guitar a bit forward comparing other instruments
Too dry in my opinion, it seem not played in same room of the vocal
Drum is too dry also
just my taste
Dave

Nice take, good job
I feel the guitar a bit forward comparing other instruments
Too dry in my opinion, it seem not played in same room of the vocal
Drum is too dry also
just my taste

Perhaps you like 80s-ish sound with tons of reverb on drums, but some elements in this song need to be dry in order to sound good, but all in all, thx for the kind words. I would like to hear your mix of this amazing song
(28-07-2015, 08:53 PM)Obelix Wrote: Perhaps you like 80s-ish sound with tons of reverb on drums, but some elements in this song need to be dry in order to sound good, but all in all, thx for the kind words. I would like to hear your mix of this amazing song

I'm not talking about 80sh reverb
I meant that all instrumentations need to sound as they played in the same room
small room or big arena it's a mixer choice

Everything needs to sound homogeneus I think

I'm not talking about 80sh reverb
I meant that all instrumentations need to sound as they played in the same room
small room or big arena it's a mixer choice

Everything needs to sound homogeneus I think
[/quote]

I think that too. You got it right.