Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Here's My version
I'm accepting feedbacks.

Best,

Gibran Sponchiado

.mp3    Through My Eyes - Sponchiado Ver..mp3 --  (Download: 9.5 MB)

(06-11-2014, 06:19 PM)Sponchiado Wrote: I'm accepting feedbacks.

Very generous of you!
Have you thought of perhaps giving feedback first?
"Music, in performance, is a type of sculpture. The air in the performance is sculpted into something." - Frank Zappa

Some air moved here
Yeah… why not?

I pretty much uploaded it right after the first print. Listening again, a couple of hours later, I can hear a few things.

The vocal sounds pretty smooth. Its dynamic fits pretty well with the song. Some extra effects processing could be welcome (delay maybe?)
I probably would have spent some extra time automating volume of acoustic guitars. During solo, the other guitars pop up a bit too much.
Im not so sure about the snare timbre in chorus 2. That's not the original sample. I messed up with a few before sticking with that.

A more broad approach that I could spend some time working on is the overall dynamic of the song, which could have a bit more energy on chorus 2. It's good until then.

I am making some modifications in the room treatment of my home-studio right now and it happened to my subwoofer stop working this week. So I am not so secure about the low end content in the mix.

If you have some well calibrated listening space, let me know how that turned.
Hey Sponchiado,

I think you are on the right track, some of the suggestion you have after listening to yourself are spot on, I think the bottom end will get better once your sub is fixed.

DL