Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
StichUp - madmuzzy mix
Here is my take on this song.
The recording is really awesome so this was a perfect material to test EMI plugins on the drums.

I've listend to the mix rescue mix and I've decided to go for the completly different drum sound. Maby I've missed the point? ... Not sure really.
I still need to do some level automatization and couple of FX here and there.

I'd like to hear some comments.

.mp3    BoobyBobody - Stich Up - muzzy mix1.mp3 --  (Download: 8.5 MB)

Awesome! Respect.
The more I mix, The less I know.
like your approach its a bit more hardcore
i dont think u missed the point at all!its your vision of what it should be.. we dont have the producer/band to input thoughts on this tho we can only research their previous work....
in fact i think the snare has too much point on it Big Grin hehehe
the only thing that i would mess around is the level of that snare.. lower the volume of it as its covering (taking out the attention) of the vocals... maybe spread the guitars a little more in some passages.

overall this is a very cool mix.. very nice balance and i really enjoy listening to it!

if you dont mind whats in your vocals chain (Ld and bgs)?
thanks for sharing!!!
The gateverb on the snare is definitely a statement, and I can't decide whether you get away with it as a statement. It's certainly unapologetic enough to avoid coming across as a mistake, but I wonder whether you wear it just a bit too proudly in terms of the balance, which tips the balance against you in my view. An interesting tack, though, certainly, and one that helps give your mix a fullness that's quite appealing. Are the cymbals overbalanced, though? I think I'd probably pull them back a decibel or two at least to allow more of the vocal details to survive their masking effects.

Your grasp of the section contrasts and long-term dynamics seems pretty good too, and you carry me along with you through the arrangement pretty successfully. Good work there, because it's not easy to get on top of that stuff.