Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3 Average
The Doppler Shift: 'Atrophy' My mix and master attempt.
Hi! I think I did a decent job at this. Really enjoy the song, so that helps a lot with the process of mixing it.

Cheers!

.mp3    mastertestfatatru.mp3 --  (Download: 9.66 MB)

I like what you've done with backing track ...and I've like what you've done with the vox.....but they don't match imo ....the vox is buried, especially during verses....so the mix feels fairly relentless and is pretty fatiguing to listen to all the way through.
(18-09-2014, 12:50 PM)HbGuitar Wrote: I like what you've done with backing track ...and I've like what you've done with the vox.....but they don't match imo ....the vox is buried, especially during verses....so the mix feels fairly relentless and is pretty fatiguing to listen to all the way through.

Thanks for the feedback. When I go back and listen to this track I think I need to practice getting the levels better.
If I lowered the volume on the guitars I think the vocals would pop a lot more.
(18-09-2014, 01:22 PM)heltflippad Wrote: Thanks for the feedback. When I go back and listen to this track I think I need to practice getting the levels better.
If I lowered the volume on the guitars I think the vocals would pop a lot more.

The only way to get better is to practice....so just keep moving those faders until everything grooves. Sometimes it can take forever to zero in from a rough mix into your final one...cos every-time you move something slightly the balance goes e.g you pull down the guitars then maybe the bass is too loud, so you pull down bass and the kick is too loud.

fundamentally i think you have a pretty solid mix going on...just need to fine tune it..