Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Dark Ride - "Burning Bridges"
Also tried to mix this multitrack.

.mp3    BuringBridges.mp3 --  (Download: 8.73 MB)

This mix definitely is good, but I noticed that you may have over-compressed the mix. It sounds a little too squashed, especially in the chorus. Maybe try turning the ratio down your compressor(s), or the threshold possibly too. Other than that i think everything is well-balanced and sounds great!
Thank you for your feedback. I was guided by the analyzer and noticed too much treble in 12-20khz band. There was a gentle slope. Apparently overzealous with a train in an attenuator.
Hey Ua9uco,

I have allready written a short FAQ about this song that you might give a read. Your mix is sounds too "processed" for me - too much eq'ing that isn't really needed, too much compression, too much of trying to fix things that don't need to be fixed. The thing is: This song doesn't need to be fixed like some other songs on this forum, it needs to be mixed. "Mix it, don't fix it" so to say.

I don't want to sound rude or harsh but your mix sounds like a rollercoaster that just goes straight for 5 kilometers at a high speed with no loops or curves or sections with lower speed. I know you have invested some time to do this and by all means you don't have to agree with me. I´m just telling you my first impression as the guy who wrote and recorded this song and I might be totally wrong.
one thing: please listen to other mixes on this forum and write down what you think. Don't be afraid - your first impression as a listener is very useful. you don't have to be a "pro" to tell other people what you where thinking while listening.

thx in advance,
blitzzz
Blitzz, hi!
I copy. Thank you for your information and constructive feedback.