Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My mix - Cheers
Enjoyed doing this, a lot of fun...

.mp3    SelwynJazz_Much Too Much.mp3 --  (Download: 10.18 MB)

hi ratmix .nice mix i like it i can hear you did all the rides on the faderes on the right places.nice work .i only think the brass need to be louder from the vocal on the section with the unisons its has no vocal so you can push more there only there.
i like your mix.
Cheers for the comment uzilevi.
Like gdugan, your brass feels rather underbalanced compared with the rhythm and vocal parts. They're an impressive thing, a big band, but it sounds as if you're sticking most of them in the wings while the others are on stage. That's fine in rock/pop mixing, where the brass usually aren't a big attraction, but here a lot of the interest in the music is in the brass arrangement, so you need to do what you can so that people can appreciate it fully. In this case it takes a bit of in-depth balancing work to keep the balance working nicely throughout, but even if you don't go in for all that lot, I think you still need a load more level in general from the brass.

The blend in your mix, despite my reservations about the balance, isn't bad at all -- one of the better versions I've heard, so whatever you're doing there keep at it, because I think it's working rather nicely.