Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
streetnoise's you're the one
my version of the song.

.mp3    You\'re The One by StreetNoise mix SH_2.mp3 --  (Download: 15.89 MB)

I think a little more body in the bass guitar. I can hear the attack but can't really feel the note. Feels like there are some EQ adjustments needed as well. There's a certain lack of clarity in the mids. Maybe a result of instruments overlapping where you need to go through and notch one instrument to make room for another. In this mix, I had the damndest time getting the piano and acoustic guitar to not fight each other because they are both fairly percussive attacks but fundamentally different sounds. Seems like you may have some of the same issue. (Sounds like you also have them panned simiarly?)

Unless my settings are off, it kinda sounds like your mix is leaing left a little.

I like what I hear generally. No part is being completely obscured and everything is participating in the sound. Just feels like some adjustments need to be made.
Old West Audio
i can hear a pretty good mix, unfortunately i can ear also
ONE: something out of phase... i mean guitars, they are a bit "out" in the stereo field.
TWO: sibilance problems due to a vocal's reverb not equalized properly (maybe using some de-esser).
i think that after this corrections your mix will be improved a lot, at least this is what i did if i was in your boots mate!!
please let me know about my mix.
cheers

ps: now i have a question: please, someone can tell me why i can find the very first guitar intro on my multitrack??
Recording engineer David Williams said, “It’s quite ironic: We got rid of our
analog equipment, replaced it with digital, then spent the next couple
of decades trying to get the digital to sound like the analog we
got rid of.”