Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TMR - Traffic Experiment: 'Sirens'
Hi All

New kid on the block here. Had a gas working on this song...definitely not an easy mix.

Looking forward to any and all comments.

.mp3    TMR-Traffic-Sirens-mix-FG.mp3 --  (Download: 15.27 MB)

On the base of it, this mix is stable and pretty well balanced. However, in this style of music, engineers need to find a way to push the listener; too mellow and pleasant just doesn't work commercially. I am not suggesting, btw, massive overall compression or anything, although some is usually necessary for a mastered product, but instead suggesting that you find ways to bring out the highlights and find the excitement you want the listener to experience. Guide the listener. The mix is smooth, warm and clear, but nothing pulls me in to want more.

Hope that helps.
Joe Walter
a.k.a. "grizwalter"
Mile-High Audio Productions
www.mountainmix.net
[email protected]

Totally agree with your assessment of the mix, which begs the question...how does one infuse excitement into a mix and particularly this song? The reason I ask is because although I feel I am a competent mixer the truth is I often have difficulty finding or creating that kind of excitement or "luring in" of the listener to many of the songs I work on.

Any thoughts on this?
if a man speaks his mind and there's no woman around to hear him...is he still wrong?