Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jay Menon
Your snare sounds great. I used a pultec on it and used properely added good body. I really like your mix, I think some may have a problem with the snare not because of the snare but because of the mix around the snare. Which in your case I consider weird because I don't know if I would change anything, great mix. If I HAD to recommend something it would be working on the whole mix through a reverb bus. I don't know, I love your mix.
Thanks Amdavid5150... the snare is the main challenge on this track aside from how much cleverness the reverb situation requires.

The snare really didn't come out as I'd hoped... I was hoping for a little more body and a little more snap, and that's probably not a very contentious desire in this situation, so I imagine that's what's bugging the others. I know it bugged me Tongue but I made the snare less central to the mix than I would have otherwise and I'm happy with the way things turned out. Time to give your version a listen Smile
I'm grateful for comments and suggestions. Thank you for listening!
pauli, I like this mix, though I would tend to agree with the general feeling, your snare track is a little "too big". I understand why you wanted to make it "prominent" - in my own mix I wanted the same effect - but perhaps your reverb is a tad overdone!

I see you wrote in an earlier post commenting on the vocal and musical skills of Jay Menon. I fully agree! This is, perhaps, one of the "easiest" tracks for a beginner (me) to have a go at: apart from setting suitable balances between the various components, some eq, compression and reverb, there is really not a lot else to do!!
Using Reaper and Adobe Audition CS6. Win 7 32 bit. www.emmrecsmedia.co.uk