Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Long Road (Sano mix)
I'm not sure what you did to the bass, but it sounds ridiculously cool now Smile my low end monitoring is pretty imprecise, but I still feel like the bass synth might be overstepping it's bounds into the low end where the kick wants to be, but I think the low end energy in the kick is pretty much perfect now. This song has a bunch of weird places (like the intro) where the overall tonality is effectively bandpassed, and it is SO HARD to nail that down. Several times I put low end enhancers on the kick drum and piano and taking off the high pass filters, only to frighten the living hell out of dog, until I figured out what was going on. That was the one really difficult thing about this mix for me (and difficult it was) but the rest was pretty straightforward.

Reversed Piano sounds much better now, and your intro is really really nice. I was trying to get a similar pumping/sucking effect and ultimately wound up ditching the reversed piano altogether for the harshness, but you nailed it in my opinion.

Gotta say, I really like how smooth everything sounds... the colorful saturation is exactly what these tracks needed in my opinion, and it's awesome to hear someone else's take on the same concept that I was pursuing. Great work, sano.
I'm grateful for comments and suggestions. Thank you for listening!

Messages In This Thread
Long Road (Sano mix) - by sano - 16-08-2014, 12:15 AM
RE: Long Road (Sano mix) - by pauli - 27-08-2014, 11:01 PM
RE: Long Road (Sano mix) - by sano - 31-08-2014, 11:49 AM
RE: Long Road (Sano mix) - by pauli - 31-08-2014, 09:18 PM
RE: Long Road (Sano mix) - by sano - 03-09-2014, 01:07 PM
RE: Long Road (Sano mix) - by Spede - 28-10-2014, 03:17 PM
RE: Long Road (Sano mix) - by Skelpolu - 10-02-2015, 02:37 PM