Howlin mik123
Hi!

My try!

My first experience with Ableton live! Huh

My first experience with Rewire! Huh

Connect all together with Daw!? Dodgy

Just idea!

Thanks for listening!

.mp3    Howlin mik123 mix.mp3 --  (Download: 7.42 MB)

I like hearing something different from the rest.

But i dont think the beat you added enhanced the song. The kick drum pattern has a little ghost note or delay note that makes the pater too busy for me.

The vocals fx makes me feel the singer is in a bahtroom or some kind of small and boxy place, i dont think it suits the vibe the song needs.

I would mute the beat in some parts to make the song more dynamic.
Please comment on others mixes, this site is all about feedback.
interesting take on the track...it has potential if you want to spend time crafting it, but right now i found it quite hard to listen to all the way through

The distorted vox and relentless beat gets a bit too much by the end of the track.....quite fatiguing to listen to....maybe you could break it up a little so you get more contrast....
My advice: if a song already has 60-some tracks and you're tempted to add something... it probably means you actually need to be taking something out Smile
I'm grateful for comments and suggestions. Thank you for listening!
(20-08-2014, 01:16 AM)pauli Wrote: My advice: if a song already has 60-some tracks and you're tempted to add something... it probably means you actually need to be taking something out Smile

Dodgy Big Grin

(20-08-2014, 03:23 PM)mik123 Wrote: Dodgy Big Grin

Sad I wasn't trying to be nasty, I hope you're not offended.

What I mean is that the temptation to add something suggests to me that you're looking for more power, impact, and general splendidness... and in practice it's easier, more practical, and more effective to sacrifice a bit of mojo here and there, especially early in the song... so when everything comes together for the big BANG, all of the best bits are fresh and haven't been banging away for so long that they've blended in with everything else.

I don't mean to suggest that any of your creative ideas aren't excellent... just that you should keep in mind that every additional track is going to require some sacrifice somewhere else and remember the principle we use with EQ: "Try cutting before you boost."
I'm grateful for comments and suggestions. Thank you for listening!
(20-08-2014, 11:09 PM)pauli Wrote:
(20-08-2014, 03:23 PM)mik123 Wrote: Dodgy Big Grin

Sad I wasn't trying to be nasty, I hope you're not offended.

What I mean is that the temptation to add something suggests to me that you're looking for more power, impact, and general splendidness... and in practice it's easier, more practical, and more effective to sacrifice a bit of mojo here and there, especially early in the song... so when everything comes together for the big BANG, all of the best bits are fresh and haven't been banging away for so long that they've blended in with everything else.

I don't mean to suggest that any of your creative ideas aren't excellent... just that you should keep in mind that every additional track is going to require some sacrifice somewhere else and remember the principle we use with EQ: "Try cutting before you boost."

Hi!

Thank you for yours comments!

I am grateful to you for them!

I did not mean anything bad with my reply! Big Grin

Google translate! Blush

Interesting take on this one. Don't really dig the tone of the lead vox but it kinda has that strange 'older days' vibe.
The only thing I would change is the placing and the pattern of the added beat - it could've been more sort of 'evolving/alternating' if that makes sense. Smile