Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Far away mix - Angelsaint
Hi guys, this is my first post on this forum (actually my first post ever on any forum at all...), so tell me if i'm doing something wrong!

As i wrote on the thread subject, i went much far away from the original sound.
Tryed to make the bassline not too distracting from the fantastic atmosphere from other instruments, while giving it the "responsability" for the low end of the song (for it felt to my ears like nothing was really assigned to that role in the original tracks). I also liked to push back the FX and back vocals tracks in a place where they essentially just added a little atmosphere and movement in an unobtrusive way (at least to my ears).

Please comment, need some real world feedback!

By the way, great, great song. Liked it very much!

Marco

.mp3    Angelsaint_Master mp3.mp3 --  (Download: 8.63 MB)

Hi Marco! I owe you some feedback hahah.. Too risky I like that.. people seems to fear trying things.

The reverb works fine.. I was going to tell you to keep it like 1.5dBs lower... but maybe you can keep it like that turning down some mid-low. Look they are like sofocating (I think that's the word) the mix. I think it has a CHORUS too that gives more body.. if it is, look again those low frecuencies I'm telling you.

You see I decided to use a delay in words like "carry on" to fill that empty space. It helps the hole point of large reverbs like this one or mine.

Gallitoh
Hi Gallitoh, thanx for the feedback!
Well about taking risks, I think that's the point with practice mixes, you have the chance to experiment things you wouldn't do in everyday life (and in my case, know myself better), I'm glad you appreciated this!

After some day, hearing with fresh ears, I felt in need to correct especialy the lack of air (instead of too much presence), and while I was there I made a less reverbered (maybe more "standard") mix, which I post. Both these mixes were made with no reference and alone at home, which was part of the experimentation but I'll have to work a lot on this...
Do you still hear mid-low freq problems? I know drums are dark, that's intentional but did I go too far on that?

By the way, yes there was a chorus-like effect on voice, I think I didn't use it in this other mix (if I remember)

Marco

.mp3    Angelsaint B_Master mp3.mp3 --  (Download: 8.63 MB)