Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
"A place for us" - mix by p.milani
Hi,

Overall I found the recordings were very good quality.

There is a part where lead vocals sing in falsetto; contrary to many mixes I heard, I don't think that's a good idea to keep that as 'leading' role, it sounds weird, but instead I glued it back with the harmony of the backing vox.

To me it sounds like the sample snare is the snare sound of this song, and
not just a layer.
Drums were somewhat overloaded (as in layers and layers) but I mostly kept what was there and din't try any edit stunt.

The slap bass was a surpriseā€¦ all low energy disappearing in the chorus, wow that was some challenge right there. My solution was to pull in a Waves RBass and bring it in around 50Hz.

I found guitars pretty fundamental to bring some guts in the choruses, that makes it sound a bit less 'pop' maybe but otherwise it sounded pretty thin to me.

Comments welcome!

.mp3    CarlosGonzalez_APlaceForUs1.mp3 --  (Download: 9.26 MB)

(12-08-2014, 12:14 PM)pmilani Wrote: Hi,

Overall I found the recordings were very good quality.

There is a part where lead vocals sing in falsetto; contrary to many mixes I heard, I don't think that's a good idea to keep that as 'leading' role, it sounds weird, but instead I glued it back with the harmony of the backing vox.

To me it sounds like the sample snare is the snare sound of this song, and
not just a layer.
Drums were somewhat overloaded (as in layers and layers) but I mostly kept what was there and din't try any edit stunt.

The slap bass was a surpriseā€¦ all low energy disappearing in the chorus, wow that was some challenge right there. My solution was to pull in a Waves RBass and bring it in around 50Hz.

I found guitars pretty fundamental to bring some guts in the choruses, that makes it sound a bit less 'pop' maybe but otherwise it sounded pretty thin to me.

Comments welcome!

Hey bro
Your mix is good but the ddy needs to sync better try matching the bpm with your ddy time and then it would sit nice but that just me and iam the last one to give advise on thing but good job
Hi there... well over one year later I picked up again this song and mixed from scratch
I *think* I radically improved since then
Here is the link:

https://soundcloud.com/pmilani/carlos-go...ace-for-us
I think you really improved on the second mix you uploaded to soundcloud. Thumbs up!