Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Howling - Hard hitting mix
Hi, this is my mix of Howling by Amber Skye.

I am not so shure if i like the lead vocal treatment. And the vocals and the mix in general needs more automation to add interest but runned out of time to submit the song to the contest.

In the bridge vocal i used some cheesy fx but failed to achive what a wanted.

Feel free to make any observation, i dont usually mix this genre and would love som feedback.

.mp3    Howlin - jeremia666 mix.mp3 --  (Download: 6.35 MB)

Please comment on others mixes, this site is all about feedback.
The instruments lacks definition and presence? and everything merges into a big splodge thats gets in the way of the emotion of the song?

Guess i need to put way more fx and arrangements changes just for the sake of being "emotional".
I like this kinda indie-dance 'color' of this mix. it grooves on choruses - that's a +. The only thing I would change is the placing of instruments: the vox is a bit far on verses and more 'in you face' on choruses - no big deal but the acoustic guitar messes with this (on verses it's close and dry and on choruses it's a bit distant/quieter). I'd expect some consistancy in this case.
Yes the idea was too make it feel like a dance/club indie vibe.

The vox feeling far in the verses and more upfront in the chorus is on purpouse.

But you are on right the acoustic guitar being more upfront messes the balance a little. Should automate the guitar fx and maybe volume/eq so it feels behind the voice all the times.

Thanx for the feedback.
(21-09-2014, 10:08 PM)jeremias666 Wrote: The vox feeling far in the verses and more upfront in the chorus is on purpouse.

Yeah, that's exactly what I thought hence my comment about the acoustic guitar. Smile
Also, I would bring down some of the FX (like on 1.15). I personally find it a bt overwhelming/drawing too much attention. But again it sorta works with that 'indie vibe' when things can be thrown in relentlessly.