Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Burning Bridges mik123
Hi!

My mix!

Thanks for listening! Big Grin

.mp3    Burning Bridges mik 123 mix.mp3 --  (Download: 8.66 MB)

This sounds pretty good but here's my suggestions:

Focus on making the drums sound bigger and closer, they sound narrow and far away to me. Maybe more overheads and drum room mics in the mix.

The bass and kick aren't quite working well together for me. The bass guitar is dominating the low end to the point i can't clearly feel the kicks in my sub. The bass guitar is overall too loud (and I'm a bass player so I don't say that lightly!).

Also the distorted vocal section needs to be leveled out, the first part is way louder than the main vocal parts and then the response vocals are buried.
Check out my band! MyopicDC.com
Hey Mik,

the mix sounds too "processed" for my ears. too much eq, too much comp, too much room verb on the lead vocals. Panning and Levels also need more work. And I don't know why everyone is crushing their mix to death. Don't.

Sorry mate, I know you have spend some time on this song and the last thing you want to hear is "this is wrong, that is wrong, blablabla". But as a member of the band I just want to be honest to you. It's just too much of everything - less is more. I've written a small FAQ about this song that you might want to read though.

http://discussion.cambridge-mt.com/showt...p?tid=5761

cheers mate,
blitzzz

(16-08-2014, 09:47 PM)Blitzzz Wrote: Hey Mik,

the mix sounds too "processed" for my ears. too much eq, too much comp, too much room verb on the lead vocals. Panning and Levels also need more work. And I don't know why everyone is crushing their mix to death. Don't.

Sorry mate, I know you have spend some time on this song and the last thing you want to hear is "this is wrong, that is wrong, blablabla". But as a member of the band I just want to be honest to you. It's just too much of everything - less is more. I've written a small FAQ about this song that you might want to read though.

http://discussion.cambridge-mt.com/showt...p?tid=5761

cheers mate,
blitzzz

Thank you for your comments!

I am grateful to them!

Music (production) for me is just fun and nothing serious!

Big Grin

Google translate! Blush
I feel like I'm in a rehearsing room with this band. I don't know if it's good or bad. If that's the intention then good job!
If not then you should consider tightening up the mix by removing some of the reverb placed in the mix for starters. Smile