Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Heartbeats
Awesome song. Vocals and guitars were very tough on this.

.mp3    Heartbeat Master 2.mp3 --  (Download: 10.06 MB)

I'm grateful for comments and suggestions. Thank you for listening!
I like this version better.

.mp3    Heartbeat Master 3.mp3 --  (Download: 10.09 MB)

Hello

Too much room for the lead voc. Instruments could be louder. Chorus is mainly the lead voc and the drums.
So some sort of balancing work still to do.
The kick is taking almost all the room in the lows. There could be room for the bass too. Maybe even a balance Smile
I don't have a subwoofer so this was noticed with the headphones so I can be totally wrong. Has happen before, will happen in future, but one day I buy a subwoofer Wink
Practice your analytic listening skills.
Listen others mixes and give feedback.
Become a better mixer.
No, you are correct. The distorted guitars were giving me trouble finding a balance while still sounding good in their own right, and they definitely need to be louder. It's been suggested that I lean out the arrangement as well, so I'm looking into that also. I was so proud of the good vocal sound I accomplished that much was overlooked.

The bass is another thorny issue, you're correct there as well. The kick could come down and some sidechaining seems prudent also. The challenge for me here was getting pleasant individual sounds while maintaining the balance. I'm working on another version.

Thank you for your review Smile I'll look at yours when I get some time.

(11-08-2014, 10:51 PM)pauli Wrote: The distorted guitars were giving me trouble finding a balance while still sounding good in their own right, and they definitely need to be louder.

I had also trouble to mix gtrs and keys so I added a distortion plugins to some key tracks. Maybe you could try something similar to make the keys sound closer to those ultimate gtr sounds Wink

Practice your analytic listening skills.
Listen others mixes and give feedback.
Become a better mixer.