Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My Mix
Hey guys,

here is my mix of this song, lemme know what you think!

http://soundcloud.com/bsoldate-1/south-mix1mstr

Edit: the soundcloud link is still active, but i have also uploaded an MP3 320.

thanks!

.mp3    south_mix1mstr.mp3 --  (Download: 6.74 MB)

hey guys i don't want to be a pain but i could use some feedback Smile im a student trying to learn the ropes and i'd love to know where i stand.

thanks!
(10-12-2012, 06:45 PM)Benbass1991 Wrote: hey guys i don't want to be a pain but i could use some feedback Smile im a student trying to learn the ropes and i'd love to know where i stand.

You'll probably get more listens if you upload the file a an MP3. I'm hoping to get around to posting a new binge of feedback in the New Year, so I'll try to say something then at least -- assuming there's some way I can download it before then to listen on my studio system...

(10-12-2012, 07:07 PM)Mike Senior Wrote:
(10-12-2012, 06:45 PM)Benbass1991 Wrote: hey guys i don't want to be a pain but i could use some feedback Smile im a student trying to learn the ropes and i'd love to know where i stand.

You'll probably get more listens if you upload the file a an MP3. I'm hoping to get around to posting a new binge of feedback in the New Year, so I'll try to say something then at least -- assuming there's some way I can download it before then to listen on my studio system...

thank you, ill do that right away!
Nice mix Benbass.
The bass sounds really clear and punchy. Vocals are well managed too.

What i could say about the points i don't stick with are :
the hi hat is way too loud for my point of view.
We sometimes loose the kick, and when we don't, it could be more "in your face", more punchy. Same for the snare, which i find a little too "70's sounding" for this sort of music.

But these are details you can easily improve ! Well, nice job anyway ! Keep going !
This mix sounds good to me.
My suggestions to improve it would be:
The delay on the leadvocals is a bit distracting during the intro.
Although the s-es are high, they still work, as long as the leadvocals sing alone. But during the chorus there is a buildup of s-es from the harmony-vocals, which lets them stick out too much. I think it is a valid decision to eliminate those sounds from all but the leadvocals or work with some heavy automation.