Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What I Want
Great song! Shame the band looks like they are no more.

Stream and 44.1/16 download also at: https://soundcloud.com/jeffd42/what-i-want-the-brew

.mp3    Brew.mp3 --  (Download: 8.88 MB)

All sound is a distortion of silence / soundcloud.com/jeffd42
Updated now with my final mix.
Sounds well balanced ,the lead vocal track sounds like it has been bumped out of time with the music Big Grin !

Please Help Mike Keep This Awesome Educational Site Alive And Become A patron !
https://www.patreon.com/CambridgeMT/posts

(09-08-2014, 11:34 AM)thedon Wrote: Sounds well balanced ,the lead vocal track sounds like it has been bumped out of time with the music Big Grin !

Erk. You're quite right. Not my finest hour! Or perhaps it was the hour Confused
I'd like to say I bumped it when printing -- it may have happened earlier.

Fixed now and uploaded again.
Nice mix overall! I really like the basic colour of your mix and the funky/groovy feel it has. The only thing i noticed was that the ride cymbal (when drummer hits the bell) in the chorus (panned to the ride in your mix) is really loud. Its pretty obvious that you wanted it to be loud, it just sounds a few dB too loud to my ear Smile What i really love about your mix is, that the singer isnt really loud, while he is still present enough to cut through the mix. I hear a lot of mixes where the vocals are super loud, making the band sound small and weak. You mixed the vocals in with a lot of style!

Greets, baschdi
Hi! It's very good mix, for my taste!
There seems to be a little resonanse on snare, but lately I hear them everywhere
Cheers!
(28-01-2016, 08:48 AM)baschdi Wrote: Nice mix overall! I really like the basic colour of your mix and the funky/groovy feel it has. The only thing i noticed was that the ride cymbal (when drummer hits the bell) in the chorus (panned to the ride in your mix) is really loud.

Thanks for your feedback! It was a fun song to mix. Apologies for the long delay in replying to your comments; really busy with other things the past couple of months. Agree the ride bell hits are loud. I was thinking of a few other cases where certain aspects of a drum kit are brought out prominently (Rihanna - Umbrella or Coldplay - Paradise) and, as the miking on this drum kit was unusually good, may have got slightly carried away :-) But, then again, not often one finds cymbals so well recorded!