Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
angels in amplifiers/mix
my first mix,i havent been mixing very long.its just a hobby for me.

.mp3    angels in amplifiers.mp3 --  (Download: 7.05 MB)

Hi Jon
Your mix sounds well balanced and nice use of effects,listening on headphones at the moment ounds a little deep bass light and top heavy around 2k,balancing the bass and kick is a challenge ,maybe the bass guitar could have less 180hz and more bottom around 80hz Big Grin .

Please Help Mike Keep This Awesome Educational Site Alive And Become A patron !
https://www.patreon.com/CambridgeMT/posts

(03-08-2014, 11:12 PM)jon stickle Wrote: my first mix,i havent been mixing very long.its just a hobby for me.

The acoustic guitar gets lost in the music during the solo parts...see 2:02. Otherwise a nicely balanced mix
thxs for the input guys,it really helps to get a review for skills developement.i didnt push the bass hard in the 80 range so i wouldnt go over the top.i use custom made cabinets with 8 inch rockford fosgate speakers.they really bring out the ambience and the low end so i have to be careful with the bass end.the acoustic guitar,your right about it,i was enjoying the song so much when i was mixing that i just missed it.it was a big challenge to get the accent/flam hand bongos to be heard it took some raw editing and manipulation with the compressor to get it where i wanted.i'm just a amature mixer,i will take all of it under advisement.awsum song!

long may you run!
Brief comments:

The acoustic guitar is nearly gone from the mix. You can hear hints of it but that's all. That's the candy for the opening and should be highlighted unless you're removing it for artistic purposes. Maybe a touch too much in the percussion as well. (The bongos or whatever they are.) Could use a little less of that and a bit more drums, I think but on drums you also need to tamp down 10k+ about 2-3dB. They're a tad too bright. (You can really hear it in the "fwash" from the crash cymbal.)

Good first shot though.
Old West Audio
Overal great mix! For me there's a little bit too much compression on the snare. It sounds too tight.