Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Together Alone remix - first post for review!
Hi,
I've been involved in music in one way or another for many years and recently decided to try my hand at mixing - the impetus for this came from my son's musical activities. His band needed someone to record and mix material they had written so I volunteered to take it on! Steep learning curve indeed Rolleyes
Because of this I am now obsessed with mixing - love it!

I would appreciate any comments, critiques,
Glen

p.s. I've posted a remix of Skelpolu Human Mistakes too - please check that out if you have time!!!

update: uploaded a revised mix - the kick was too boxy sounding
Hey Glenhd!

Mmmm, that Piano-Sound in the beginning! Great idea to keep the Kick out for the first few moments when it originally kicked in! (pun unintended)
Creative, yet moderate in that manner. Great job! I might decrease the volume on the Vocals by a few dB as it seems a bit too loud. Lovely effects on them, however.

I am surprised with all of these Mixes of my Tracks, a lot of them are really creative, this being no exception. Especially the Piano got a lot of different shapes and forms now, I can't emphasize that enough. Smile

The Guitar seems a bit too dry effect-wise and might be a bit too harsh and hollow - Try not too cut away too much from the Guitar around the 600-800 Hz, that'd make it a tad better!

I know I say this on a lot of Mixes, but I am really looking forward to seeing more of you! Especially the effects are so unique to your Mixes, please keep it up this way! Smile