Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Young Griffo 'Pennies '
Having fun playing with song Big Grin !

.mp3    Pennies-V1.mp3 --  (Download: 9.4 MB)

Please Help Mike Keep This Awesome Educational Site Alive And Become A patron !
https://www.patreon.com/CambridgeMT/posts

It really is a great tune, isn't it?

One thing I've seen in this board is that the biggest variation seems to be in treatment of the vocals. The sample recording actually made them a harmony in the chorus, which I personally don't care for. The structure of the tune (and comments from the band itself in othe regards) wants to be good and raw and a harmonized line doesn't fit that. I'm listening to your mix here and wondering what you might think of putting a little slap echo on the vocals. Seems like it might fit pretty well in what you've done.

I like the sound you have for the guitars. The thing I had the most trouble on was figuring out how to handle the multi-mike setup and keep a good stereo image with just the one part. I'm not convinced I did it WRONG but not sure I took a good route either. I'm still learning how to deal with stuff like that.

Interesting choice fading out early like that. Just goes to show that there's more than one way to skin a cat. (Heaven help that cat...)
Old West Audio
(10-08-2014, 03:24 AM)azwayne Wrote: It really is a great tune, isn't it?

One thing I've seen in this board is that the biggest variation seems to be in treatment of the vocals. The sample recording actually made them a harmony in the chorus, which I personally don't care for. The structure of the tune (and comments from the band itself in othe regards) wants to be good and raw and a harmonized line doesn't fit that. I'm listening to your mix here and wondering what you might think of putting a little slap echo on the vocals. Seems like it might fit pretty well in what you've done.

I like the sound you have for the guitars. The thing I had the most trouble on was figuring out how to handle the multi-mike setup and keep a good stereo image with just the one part. I'm not convinced I did it WRONG but not sure I took a good route either. I'm still learning how to deal with stuff like that.

Interesting choice fading out early like that. Just goes to show that there's more than one way to skin a cat. (Heaven help that cat...)
Putting a slap is a good idea and will try it when i have another go.
Thanks for the feedback Big Grin !

Please Help Mike Keep This Awesome Educational Site Alive And Become A patron !
https://www.patreon.com/CambridgeMT/posts