Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Burning Bridges Mixed by Smiley
Hey Everyone,

This is my first post on this forum. Hopefully, I will find more time to mix and post more stuff. This was a fun project to mix since I've been mixing pop, hip-hop and dance music as of lately.

I've been listening to a lot of Randy Staub and Andy Sneap lately. Let me know what you guys think of this mix!!

Best,
Smiley Sean

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/2920...Smiley.mp3
Hey smiley, can you attach this song directly to your post instead of using an external link? It's easier for folks to listen to it and you`ll get more feedback (its easier to press play then download a song Smile ).

I listend to your mix on my shitty gaming headphones in the office (kind of real life check so to say):

The vocals in the verse could come up a little bit, snare is too loud for me. Instead of lowering the voice in the verse it might be a better idea to automate the whole chorus 0,5-1 db up to give it more impact. Guitars sound good. The screamo-part is great.

It's a shame that no one plays with the small guitar intro at 1:42 before the second chours. Phaser, WahWah, Flanger - just a little something to give the 2nd chorus more impact.

The distorted bass sounds nice and the solo part is great. Best mix of the solo I´ve heard so far - everything is the right in place. I would make the vocals in the last chorus louder.

The only big thing I would change is the impact of chorus 2 + 3. they don't really stand out form the rest.
(01-08-2014, 11:00 AM)Blitzzz Wrote: Hey smiley, can you attach this song directly to your post instead of using an external link? It's easier for folks to listen to it and you`ll get more feedback (its easier to press play then download a song Smile ).

I listend to your mix on my shitty gaming headphones in the office (kind of real life check so to say):

The vocals in the verse could come up a little bit, snare is too loud for me. Instead of lowering the voice in the verse it might be a better idea to automate the whole chorus 0,5-1 db up to give it more impact. Guitars sound good. The screamo-part is great.

It's a shame that no one plays with the small guitar intro at 1:42 before the second chours. Phaser, WahWah, Flanger - just a little something to give the 2nd chorus more impact.

The distorted bass sounds nice and the solo part is great. Best mix of the solo I´ve heard so far - everything is the right in place. I would make the vocals in the last chorus louder.

The only big thing I would change is the impact of chorus 2 + 3. they don't really stand out form the rest.

Thanks Blitzz for listening and commenting! This was great practice. I just had some time today to do some revisions noted above.

Best,
Smiley

.mp3    Burning Bridges v2 mixed by Smiley.mp3 --  (Download: 5.15 MB)

I´ll write some feedback tonight - I don't want to listen to the mix on shitty headphones Smile
I don't have anything constructive to say, sorry. This is a great mix and I can definitely see the Sneap influence!
Check out my band! MyopicDC.com
Cheers Smiley. Mix sounds great. It's not the sound that we (the band) were looking for (ref mix is this song https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iPW9AbRMwFU) but everything sits in the right place. Love the solo part and the small details throughout the song. The guitar intro for the second chorus might be a little bit toooo much (the freq sweep probably sounds better if you start at 500hz or so), but the third chorus REALLY hits me in the face - nice. You should remove the cymbal/crash that keeps sizzling for a second though.

What I don't like:

- The mix too loud/smashed. Don't push it that hard. It probably sounds even better without crushing it like that.
- The bass doesn't need extra distortion imho but okay - that's completely your decision
- the lead vocal in the key change is a little bit too low

I have written a small FAQ about the song here on the forum that you might want to read. Thx for mixing this song and keep up the good work.
Blitzzz
Thanks Blitzzz for taking the time to listen!! I really appreciate it!! Hopefully, you can post more stuff for us to practice!! Big Grin

Thanks MyopicNick!! Sneap is one of my fave at the moment. I also been listening to Ben Grosse lately as well!! Smile
(19-08-2014, 11:17 PM)Smiley Wrote: Thanks Blitzzz for taking the time to listen!! I really appreciate it!! Hopefully, you can post more stuff for us to practice!! Big Grin

Yep, will do. Have to prepare the files in the next weeks.