Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ben Carrigan - Hey Carrie Anne
I think it works!! Big Grin check it out!

.mp3    Ben Carrigan - Hey Carrie Anne(2).mp3 --  (Download: 4.13 MB)

mixing since April 2013
I listened the version in post #11

I think you have nice balances here. Good version from those multitracks.

Over all sound has some hollow element in it. I think it's caused by your main reverb. You might duplicate the reverb busses and then mute the originals. After that you could try to dial totally different reverb settings for this one. After that compare the orginal and the new. If the new one is better, fine, if it's worse, try different settings.

Second verse is very nice.

Personally I feel that the main vocal could use little less reverb.
Sounds well balanced too me.
The piano and vocals sound like they could be competing for space around the 150-300hz area Big Grin .

Please Help Mike Keep This Awesome Educational Site Alive And Become A patron !
https://www.patreon.com/CambridgeMT/posts

Thank you Olli and Don for your comments!

@Don: I think I've solved the problem between the piano and the vox. Pauli mentioned it to me in the beginning of the thread but I completely forgot about it. It must be that I'm turning old Confused

@Olli: I've changed the main reverb and now I have a darker one. Maybe the other one was too bright for the mood of the song. At least now I like it better and I think it suits it better. I've also retouched the vocal's reverb so it can be more subtle.

I think I've been working on this one too much. I'm moving on to another song! Big Grin

.mp3    Ben Carrigan - Hey Carrie Anne.mp3 --  (Download: 4.13 MB)

mixing since April 2013
I like it's better now.
One thing: your mp3 file size is only 4.13 M. I think you should use the best possible mp3 quality. The file size of my mix was 7.1 M.
(02-08-2014, 11:59 AM)juanjose1967 Wrote: Thank you Olli and Don for your comments!

@Don: I think I've solved the problem between the piano and the vox. Pauli mentioned it to me in the beginning of the thread but I completely forgot about it. It must be that I'm turning old Confused

@Olli: I've changed the main reverb and now I have a darker one. Maybe the other one was too bright for the mood of the song. At least now I like it better and I think it suits it better. I've also retouched the vocal's reverb so it can be more subtle.

I think I've been working on this one too much. I'm moving on to another song! Big Grin

A dark reverb is also good for giving the impression of depth. And it can help emphasize the brighter elements of the dry sound if you keep the predelay long enough... that was part of my strategy Big Grin
I'm grateful for comments and suggestions. Thank you for listening!