Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ben Carrigan: 'Hey Carrie Anne'
I deleted my last mix by mistake I wanted to delete the file but deleted the whole lot lol,never mind makes no odds.
New mix anyway but to be honest will be my last as its far from enjoyable to do. To get his voice to sit in a mix is nearly imposable its the same on his other song and its probably down to the wrong mic etc while tracking. You know how you want it to sound but doing it is another thing.

.mp3    kerry Ann 2nd.mp3 --  (Download: 6.96 MB)

I checked your other mix yesterday since I wanted to hear how you dealed with the vox because I'm finding it hard to make it sound good. But now that I can hear this second mix, the voice sounds much better than the previous one. I also like how you made the second voice sound complementary to the lead one. And I must add that I fell in love with the drums you achieved here!
mixing since April 2013
Cheers for feedback,i eq a lot of top off the lead vox and a lot off of bottom off the bv but left a lot of top so it cuts threw.
I usually do it the other way round .
In my opinion, the vocal has too much in the bottom end, and it's interfering with the bass and piano, and the backing vocal could be quieter. Maybe you'd be able to sit the vocal more nicely if you trimmed some of that out. I think the piano could use a bit more top, too. Otherwise it sounds fantastic. The guitars in particular sound much better than I was able.
I'm grateful for comments and suggestions. Thank you for listening!
I had no real interest in the song that's the problem, I cant stand it in fact.
not bad my work is done welcome to the dark side lol
(31-07-2014, 09:02 PM)takka360 Wrote: I had no real interest in the song that's the problem, I cant stand it in fact.

LOL that doesn't help matters.
I'm grateful for comments and suggestions. Thank you for listening!
(31-07-2014, 09:02 PM)takka360 Wrote: I had no real interest in the song that's the problem, I cant stand it in fact.

I was very surprised that you decided to do even two mixes of this song.

I think your last version is very good. The vocal sound is very listenable. I like the reverb that creates the space for vocals but still keeps it near. Did you use long pre-delay?

Yes and early reflections play,they will make a mix Olli.
You could do so much with this its endless ,I went with what I done.
Every track has automation including the verbs.
Pauli thought there was too much low end in the vox ,I disagree .
Ps I don't give in easy.
This version sounds good to me ,I might have a play around with early reflections too on my remix Big Grin !

Please Help Mike Keep This Awesome Educational Site Alive And Become A patron !
https://www.patreon.com/CambridgeMT/posts