Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Amphibian Mix: Georgia Wonder - Siren
I like a lot about your mix
Drums drive the song good, middle part you put your own touch on, interesting highlightin diffrent part of the (too many) synth parts in diffrent section of the song.
Also you didnt boost highs, pleasant to listen to, even on my fairly bright akg k240 cans.
What I would suggest changed:
Chorus vocals (come to me etc. ) are too thin and low volume compared to the lvl of verse vocals.
If you want them distant, why not give them bit more verb, the song is called "siren" and to me that gives the picture of distant singin drivin the sailor mad.

I have to say it. When the guitars play minor chords, one of them play major. Its a clash of notes, very ugly first you hear it. I suggest mutin first elctrc guitar, hes tge bad guy as I remember. We all know the Hendrix chord E7#9, but thats a major note nearly an octave under the minor note. Here its a major/minor clash with only half a note between them and its one o the ugliest chords I know.

But that doesnt change the fact I enjoyd listening your version of the song.

Old ears, old gear, little boy inside love music and sounds and my wife, not necessarily in that order

Messages In This Thread
RE: Amphibian Mix: Georgia Wonder - Siren - by Voelund - 28-07-2014, 10:09 PM