Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Much too much mix
My try on this session "Much too much". Please make me a better mixing engineer with your comments and critics thank u Smile

.mp3    Much too much.mp3 --  (Download: 10.19 MB)

.mp3    Much too much Enhanced .mp3 --  (Download: 10.14 MB)

- Reverb on the vocal is too big. She needs to share the same room.
- The band is a bit muffled. Like they're playing under a blanket. Brass and snare in particular.
- The ride cymbal is way too loud.
+ Levels are for the most part good.
+ Good panning, with good sense of a "visual" stage.
+ Good idea to place the band in a room with reverb.
(27-07-2014, 06:49 PM)Amphibian Wrote: - Reverb on the vocal is too big. She needs to share the same room.
- The band is a bit muffled. Like they're playing under a blanket. Brass and snare in particular.
- The ride cymbal is way too loud.
+ Levels are for the most part good.
+ Good panning, with good sense of a "visual" stage.
+ Good idea to place the band in a room with reverb.

Thank u very much, i like critics like this. The reverb on the vox is quite a lot like u said but i was doubting myself about it... I will go back to the mix and fine tune the Brass, Snare and Cymbal. Cheers
Much nicer! But I think the delay on the vocals is over the top. No delay is better for this type of music. Try dialing out the clonkiness out of the snare, it goes clonk, clonk... Smile
Listened 2nd mix.
Overall sound is very good, as mentioned the snare could use a little thinning, delay on vocal is confusing in this genre, I would kill it. The piano and guitar could be separated bit more by narrowing piano and givin them separate pan. Not like left right, just 5- 15 pan.
Maybe voice half a dB louder, little warmer (200ish) and trombone solo could use a little automation to help it cut through.
A bit (more ?) warm plate on vocal might sound nice

Just icin on the cake. Good job !
Old ears, old gear, little boy inside love music and sounds and my wife, not necessarily in that order
(29-07-2014, 06:24 PM)Amphibian Wrote: Much nicer! But I think the delay on the vocals is over the top. No delay is better for this type of music. Try dialing out the clonkiness out of the snare, it goes clonk, clonk... Smile

I will try to fix it, and thanks for analyzing...
(29-07-2014, 11:19 PM)Voelund Wrote: Listened 2nd mix.
Overall sound is very good, as mentioned the snare could use a little thinning, delay on vocal is confusing in this genre, I would kill it. The piano and guitar could be separated bit more by narrowing piano and givin them separate pan. Not like left right, just 5- 15 pan.
Maybe voice half a dB louder, little warmer (200ish) and trombone solo could use a little automation to help it cut through.
A bit (more ?) warm plate on vocal might sound nice

Just icin on the cake. Good job !

Thanks Voelund, i will go back to the mix and use those Tips... Much appreciated. Cheers