Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
James Elder Mix
Think this came out fairly well..what do you guys think?

.mp3    The English Actor.mp3 --  (Download: 7.54 MB)

I like your exploding drumsound ! Very interresting that you take the main guitar more or less mono in the chorus, got something, I have to try that at some point. I usually go for the wide stereo .... The Lead Vocal is bit much up front for my liking, I would take it a bit back and find some effect that glues it a bit more to the track.
Thanks for the feedback! I agree about the vocal being too up front I put an L2 on at the very end and didnt realize how much it boosted that vocal
Here are some thoughts as i listen to the song
Nice sounding drums, very well balance.
The vocal feels a bit disconnected from the mix. Not necessarily loud...maybe some more delay...
The chorus sounds a bit narrow, the guitars could be spread more and the synths maybe...

My thoughts on this one..
- Nice drum sound.
- I agree with all the above about the vocals. Could be a bit back and maybe a delay/chorus?
- Transition phase: Guitars/ drums ok (except maybe the drum kit, i think it sounds too.. straight? unprocessed?)/synths could be a bit louder, escalating till the chorus maybe. But i'm having second thoughts about the back vocals. A bit volume would be nice, maybe a plate reverb? Some panning?
All in all i would use a fair amount of automation in everything to create spaces and dynamics for everything.

Hope it helps Smile