Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Flesh And Bone - Olli H
Must be a very good song for I didn't get bored at all during mixing although it's over 5 minutes and not too much happening.

I tried to make a wide but still headphone friendly mix. Quite difficult for me as there was so little instruments.

This time I didn't have any references, but when I wanted to get back to earth and refresh my ears I listened Robert Plant & Alison Krauss playing "Through the Morning, Through the Night". It has quite similar instrumentation.
Of course afterfirst version I did listen the original to check if I had missed some crucial points.

.mp3    2014-07-21-flesh-and-bone.mp3 --  (Download: 12.41 MB)

nice mix man!!!! really good balance and the voice sounds smooth, but the armonica cuold be a littel more presents, in my opinion at least, but its all about taste
(21-07-2014, 02:49 PM)Olli H Wrote: Must be a very good song for I didn't get bored at all during mixing although it's over 5 minutes and not too much happening.

I tried to make a wide but still headphone friendly mix. Quite difficult for me as there was so little instruments.

This time I didn't have any references, but when I wanted to get back to earth and refresh my ears I listened Robert Plant & Alison Krauss playing "Through the Morning, Through the Night". It has quite similar instrumentation.
Of course afterfirst version I did listen the original to check if I had missed some crucial points.

--------

Olli,

Great warmth on the bass and vocal.....NICE!!

Tom

tommymarcinek.com - Tommy Marcinek
very nice! there is something happening to the guitars that doesn't sound right (fe. round 0'50")
Thanks, I agree there's too much weird guitar noises. This is my old mix that I made about two years ago with ProTools. But luckily after that I found Reaper and now life feels better. (Unfortunately I haven't found a way to import old ProTools sessions to Reaper.)