Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
I'm Alright, Second Attempt
It's been a while since I've touched this song, as I've been working on my own solo projects, and I decided to give it another shot. Any and all feedback/tips/suggestions are greatly appreciated Smile

Mixed using Logic Pro X stock plugins (except a third party stereo enhancer on the master)

.mp3    Angels in Amplifiers - I\'m Alright.mp3 --  (Download: 6.87 MB)

kick and bass should compliment each other (carving eq )
lead vocal is a little too much dry
This is a wonderful mix, man. Balanced, but not so balanced that everything sounds flat. Wonderful images, and a beautiful soundscape. I hear the song, not the mix. Awesome job.
Need a little less on the overdriven guitar (left channel). It's just dominating everything. What misaghkarimi refers to is that the bass and kick often hit at the same time (or the bass is still sustaining so the kick can't be heard.) I tackle this by almost routinely putting a ducking compressor on the bass guitar, keyed by the kick drum. When the kick hits, I'll drop the bass by 1-2 dB. Just enough that it backs out of the way but not enough so you really notice a change. My personal preference is usually for more of a vocals forward mix. If I were working on this revision, I'd want to raise them up a hair.

It's a very good start, though. Stick with it!
Old West Audio