Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dino On The Loose - Queens Light - Cefes Mix
Hey guys,

Here is my mix. Nice song, i tried to keep the dynamics on the different parts but still trying to make it punchy, no so jazzy.

Let me know what you think.

Cheers

.mp3    Dino On The Loose - Queens Light - Cefes Mix .mp3 --  (Download: 11.3 MB)

Nice Clean punchy mix !
listening on laptop monitors ther are couple of minor details ,I think the the upper frequencies of the bass guitar and kick beater could be more audible to cut through on smaller monitors ,I like the congas maybe try a high pass filter as they sound loud around 250-300hz masking the other instruments in that frequency range.I think i went to exremes and ended up cutting below 400hz rather than try to tune them.
Enjoyed Listening Big Grin

Please Help Mike Keep This Awesome Educational Site Alive And Become A patron !
https://www.patreon.com/CambridgeMT/posts

Thanks for your comments! I see what you mean on the upper freq for the kik and bass gtr, I might try to improve that in a next revision.

For the congas i used a high pass filter alright, up to 150-200 region, more than that and it sounded weird to me, didnt like it. I think what I will try is more volume automation which i didnt use in the congas. That should give it own space in the rights spots.

I had a listen to your mix on this one, such lovely mix! Congrats. The only thing i can say is that the Congas are too buried for me and sometimes they are the driven force of the rhythm section.

Thanks for taking your time. Australia eh? It may be my new home next year!