Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
this is a piece of my mix not full version based on request
Sorry guys for not posting my mix and just comment on yours. I didn't realise until one user pointed out, so this is the mix that I have been working on.
I'm using Harrison Mixbus that is the reason I din't finish my mix I've used all the DSP 99 percent. mixbus uses only one core for DSP because of that i'm out of luck and I'm waiting until mixbus 3.0 released and by then I will finish my mix and do some changes eq tweak them a lot. this is unfinished , unmastered just the way that i've been working on and stopped, however it will help you to use it as a reference. Best of luck friends.Tongue

.mp3    eguitar.mp3 --  (Download: 1.16 MB)

Stop collecting plugins and hardware. First understand the tool you got and then look for extension when you reach your limit.
Are Harrison mixbus extremely cpu hungry ?
If you can only run one track with stock eq and comp somethin is wrong, even with only one core in use you should be able to run the full multitrack for this song on any daw, any newer computer.
Have you tried a higher latency ? Its under preferences and if you run it at say 32 its likely to stutter if you use heavy plugins. If thats the case try raisin it.
Old ears, old gear, little boy inside love music and sounds and my wife, not necessarily in that order
Thanks for the advice Voelud, actually mixbus stock EQ, compressor, limiter, leveller, delay, reverb, don't take too much CPU resource but the vocal and bass character plugin in once instance it will let you lose around 10% of CPU frankly speaking the plugin that I used to process the drum, bass took a lot of it. just you know I use 2.3 i7 quad core mac mini with 16gb of ram. if Mixbus was supported multi core by now, my CPU usage would have been 25%. Smile yah the latency part you have mentioned is critical. I don't recored MIDI in mix bus so my sample rate is always 2048 I don't go up or low. I have other DAW like reason 7.1, Presonus 2.6 they support multicore but what is the point having a Ferrari yet the speed limit of your country is 20 miles an hour. what I mean is they don't sound analog. reason, looks analog but far from sounding analog. Presonus, you have gotta use a bunch of plugin to make it sound great. that is why I'm waiting for the Mixbus 3.0 release. Thank you
Stop collecting plugins and hardware. First understand the tool you got and then look for extension when you reach your limit.
I see. thx for pointin that out. One solution could be to use mixbus as such, mix in other daw run heavy plugins there and sum it in mixbus via soundflower it should be doable ?
Hope they release vers 3.0 soon !
Cheers
Old ears, old gear, little boy inside love music and sounds and my wife, not necessarily in that order
hmmm Good point, but I tried with a same setting for example just to give presence in the mix for the snare you put some db up around 5 or 6k and to element the ring it is not fixed but 450-500 cut. in Mixbus I feel like I listen the band snare when I cut or boost. on some other DAW I feel like I'm correcting some kind of beer can not a snare drum.
about the release of 3.0 I wish it is sooner than they promised.
Cheers