Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Talk about it all - voelund
Mixed this over some weeks now, an hour here, half an hour there.
I have things i dont like about this mix allready, but its the best Ive come up with yet.
Mastered it and got the idea of movin the outro piano to make an intro, it kinda works.

My apologies for not commenting much these days, just too little time !

.mp3    Talk about it all 05 lim M:.mp3 --  (Download: 9.63 MB)

Old ears, old gear, little boy inside love music and sounds and my wife, not necessarily in that order
You seem to have a lot's of interesting details, so I'll listen later again with better time, but just a quick question: bass is extremly loud, with purpose or by accident?
Bas is pure accident
Old ears, old gear, little boy inside love music and sounds and my wife, not necessarily in that order
Worked some more on this, especially bas and mute button, and moved parts around to make more interestin intro.

.mp3    Talk about it all M:S lim 0.mp3 --  (Download: 9.53 MB)

(20-07-2014, 01:47 PM)Voelund Wrote: Worked some more on this, especially bas and mute button, and moved parts around to make more interestin intro.

Love your creativity with the intro....plus i can hear things throughout the mix like swelling of cymbals and BGV fx in the final chorus that sit nicely too. Good job
Really like what you've done here. My only concern is that the bass seems a bit overpowering.
To mix or not to mix ... mix!
Dang thought my 2nd version fixed that.
Is that the one you listened ?
(21-07-2014, 10:02 AM)Voelund Wrote: Dang thought my 2nd version fixed that.
Is that the one you listened ?

Sorry about that ... I think I listened to the first one
To mix or not to mix ... mix!

Now it sounds great to me. Warm full sound, maybe not too modern, but on the other hand the song is neither too modern. Instruments find nicely their places in the total image.

Maybe something could be done on the area where the low-register of the singer meets the bass.

Idea and implementation of intro is great. It could work perfectly in live-situation where singer is talking to audience while playing that intro. (But maybe not for the radio version of pop-song.) I would leave the strings away from intro, for without it the intro has nice improvisational feeling. With strings one starts to listen it more as a composition.

Great vocal sound

Moving background vocals at 02:06 felt odd to me with this otherwise traditional sound. It feels like a choir of ghost.
Thx all for the positive words.

Olli: I agree the long intro wont work for TV serie starter Big Grin I liked the outro but couldnt make sense of it there, so I moved it.
The strings may be too loud, I like the notes though.
BV - strange, I didnt move anything there, only stretched some notes but thats not what you mean ?
Could be I moved somethin accidently and got used to it, then again a ghost choir there would reflect the feel of song, to me that is.