Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tears in the Rain
Here is my mix of Tears in the rain. I think this tune was very well recorded. The Kick, Snare, Hats and Tambourine were in stereo so I made them mono. Other than that a little panning and saturation. Let me know what you think.

.mp3    Tears In The Rain.mp3 --  (Download: 5.1 MB)

Luis Domingo Diaz
Cell (847) 951-5620
[email protected]
www.luisdiazmusic.com
Hi Luis,

I really like what you did with the saturation on the electric guitar, I had an issue with keeping it audible and that would solve it.

I do think there is much more compression on everything than there's any need for, it's particularly evident on the nylon guitar and the whole mix is very loud, which doesn't really achieve anything. You could get away with less overall level and make it a bit less "forced" sounding.

Chris
(16-07-2014, 08:53 PM)Chris93 Wrote: Hi Luis,

I really like what you did with the saturation on the electric guitar, I had an issue with keeping it audible and that would solve it.

I do think there is much more compression on everything than there's any need for, it's particularly evident on the nylon guitar and the whole mix is very loud, which doesn't really achieve anything. You could get away with less overall level and make it a bit less "forced" sounding.

Chris

Hey Chris,
Thanks for your comment and suggestion, I didn't put too much limiting on the mastering but I think I did compressed the individual parts so that is probably causing the volume issue. I will check again.
Thank you again.
Luis Domingo Diaz
Cell (847) 951-5620
[email protected]
www.luisdiazmusic.com
Here is a new mix of Tears in the rain. A little less compression and less limiting on the guitars. Added a little warmth to the top end.

.mp3    Tears in the rain.mp3 --  (Download: 8.49 MB)

Luis Domingo Diaz
Cell (847) 951-5620
[email protected]
www.luisdiazmusic.com
I like that much better, I did notice though at 1:16 the bass drum pushed the whole mix into compression, it was doing it throughout the song but 1:16 is an obvious example.

Chris
[quote='Chris93' pid='20892' dateline='1406010517']
I like that much better, I did notice though at 1:16 the bass drum pushed the whole mix into compression, it was doing it throughout the song but 1:16 is an obvious example.

Chris

Thanks again Chris, After taking a closer listen I noticed that the guitars are bit out of balance. I guess this is how we learn.

Luis Domingo Diaz
Cell (847) 951-5620
[email protected]
www.luisdiazmusic.com