Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What Have You Done To Me? - Mix by Smartamp Audio
Hi folks,

Here is a version I did of Signe's track. I'll keep my own comments to myself for now, to see if anyone else can identify.

It would be great to read some of your comments, constructive feedback would be much appreciated.

Thanks for your time, guys!
-Greg Big Grin

Please Like and Follow my pages - it would be great to connect and share with all of you, so feel free to give us a shout!
www.facebook.com/smartampaudio
www.twitter.com/smartampaudio
www.smartampaudio.com

.mp3    SIGNE BOUNCE FINAL MP3.mp3 --  (Download: 6.02 MB)

Is the vocal reverb in the verses actually necessary? It's not kind of characterful enough to be a production hook in its own right, and otherwise isn't as efficient as an ambience at blending the vocal. If you're more tickled by it than me, then fine, but I thought I'd just query whether you'd thought it through.

When you hit the choruses, you're letting the guitars, cymbals, and vocals all hit the 3-6kHz region quite strongly, and it becomes a bit abrasive for comfortable listening at higher volumes, which is a shame, because otherwise the sound seems quite full.

The piano reverb in the middle section feels very odd, really expanding the stereo width in a way that it's not been up to that point, and isn't in the following chorus. The vocal balancing goes to pot there too, so I'd reassess that whole section myself.

I like the reverse cymbal into the little mid-verse-2 drop. Nice touch!