Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jay Menon- Through My Eyes (Project J Mix)
Hello community. I joined this community forum to get a better understanding of how much I have learned the past two years in mixing. I am still a growing learner, so whatever help I can get, I think I'll find plenty here.

For my mix, I tried to be as simple as I could. Few EQ tweaks and compressions tweaks. In the beginning stages, I tried to only focus on using pan knobs, volume faders, etc to get a nice mix started. Hope you guys enjoy it!

.mp3    Jay Menon- Through My Eyes (Project J Mix).mp3 --  (Download: 4.99 MB)

Welcome to the fun. I like what you've done with the panning and overall tonality of the tracks. Two things jumped out to me during my first listen. The kick is a bit too loud, but sounds great to me otherwise and the vocal may be a bit loud overall but primarily is still a bit too dynamic in my opinion ... a bit more compression on the peaks would be helpful.
To mix or not to mix ... mix!
@bmullen Thanks for the tip! I definately need to work on compressing vocals, i think that's my weak point when it comes to mixing. Again thanks for the reply!
Too much reverb on strings on intro but thats just Taste i suppose, also agree the Kick a bit loud and Vocals need a bit of work. i would save overall good effort sounds preety good
I have put up a version please have a listen and give me some feedback would be great to have peoples opinion