Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pedaling Prince Mix: Ben Carrigan - We'll Talk About It All Tonight
Wow. This thing was a real b*tch to balance. I did the best I could but, honestly, I'm a little worn out here. That doesn't usually happen to me but in this particular case I just wasn't as much into this song as I thought I was going to be. I'm kinda tired of hearing it, actually. I'm pretty satisfied with how it came out in general but I'm also aware I may have lost a little perspective here; if anyone has any suggestions for improvements they'd be welcome. Smile

.m4a    146 We\'ll Talk About It Tonight 1.m4a --  (Download: 7.84 MB)

John A. Ardelli
Pedaling Prince Pictures
http://www.youtube.com/user/PedalingPrince
Sound and balance is pleasant to my ears.

Some minor details that came to my mind:

- Something is wrong with the bass. It's everywhere and still nowhere. (I'm listening with headphones). If you have added some kind of modulation to it, try to do the same without applying to lowest frequencies, apply it only to mid areas. That would give much more focused bass sounds.

- Around 1:30 the focus maybe should be in harmonica, but now it is too far away and at the same time acoustic guitar is everywhere.

- Around 2:25-35 some words get lost.
Hello man! Very good work here! I like very much your smooth volume automation and your fade out in the end. But I have to agree with Olli H about the bass guitar and the Vocals. Try to compress very hard your bass and boost the middle area around the 1k and 2k in order to make it cut through the mix! Smile