Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Skelpolu: 'Resurrection'
Much more mastering compression than I'd usually engage in, but it's not nearly as hot as most of the drum n bass references I checked against.. so, a compromise?

.mp3    Resurection Master-001.mp3 --  (Download: 14.94 MB)

I'm grateful for comments and suggestions. Thank you for listening!
When I listened to this I thought of the two comments the writer told me ... snare can come up and try some delays on some of the synths ... otherwise, sounds great.
To mix or not to mix ... mix!
Hey there pauli,
great to see your take on Resurrection!
Now, as bmullen has mentioned it, the snare could use a few dB more, the delays are usually optional, but these tracks were intended to be used along with delays indeed. Perhaps the pad-synths are a tad too quiet for my taste, but again, that's subjective entirely.
What is not subjective is that the harsh-synth coming in at about 2:53 is significantly louder & contains more high-frequency information than the rest synths - it sticks out, but a bit too much.
Also, putting this in mono I've noticed that it sounds very dull - try working on that as well, I don't know which tracks you used for reference, but I am sure they sound a bit cleaner even in mono.
Sounds pretty decent so far, just a few tweaks and you're good to go, keep it up mate! Smile
Thanks, Skelly. I always forget that mono compatibility is so important in music like this, since it's most likely to be listened to in a club environment. Although I'm not really sure what can be done for it with so many tracks presented in stereo... but you guys are totally right about the snare being stupidly quiet and that lead that comes in at 2:53 is definitely dominating the mix too much.
I'm grateful for comments and suggestions. Thank you for listening!