Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
here´s my mix
hi folks ,
this is my mix.
(the rhythm section need a lot of work (better new))
cheers

in the mix

.mp3    sireninthemix.mp3 --  (Download: 4.72 MB)

Extremely punchy kick sound here, by virtue of a lot of HF transient. While this does cut through super-clearly even on small systems, I'd probably not go that far, because it really fatigues at club volumes. Substitute a bit more controlled sub-100Hz, and the increased 'speaker fold' will still give you good small-system transmission, I think, without such an aggressive edge.

I like the clarity and space you've got going here, but the vocal (and indeed perhaps even the mix as a whole) sound like it has a couple of decibels too much 350Hz. Nice section dynamics too, not least because you seem to have made the effort to look for the instrumental additions that help contrast each section.

A bit more in the way of trippy delays on the lead vocal? Maybe I've just been listening to too many chart dance cliches recently... Smile

I really like this song, and didn't want to stop listening to your mix, despite wanting to get through 60-odd mixes today -- I imagine that's a good overall sign too! Thanks for posting.