Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
IT THE MIX YOU ALL BEEN WAITING FOR!! JK....(opinions much appreciated)
Hey guy.. I'm really not a rock engineer, I'm more of a hip hop mixing engineer. So if you can give me some good guide line I would appreciate it. I prefer opinions from only mixing engineers that's been doing this for at least 5 year and up that deals with rock type music. Thanks.

.mp3    I\'m Alright.mp3 --  (Download: 6.91 MB)

I also took off the percussion because it was doing funny things to my snare. I also did not want it super loud because I like dynamics in my mix. Another thing I did was I kept the instrument pretty narrow and panned effects to the far sides. Normally I panned hard left and right in rock songs, but for some reason I did not really like it for this song.
snare over compressed, most of the sound looks like they are panned to the right speaker, I kind of feel like i'm listening big mono I think it is because of hard left and right panning problem avoid hard left and right panning. lovely mix good luck
Stop collecting plugins and hardware. First understand the tool you got and then look for extension when you reach your limit.
My comments:

Good job. Balance is solid. Vocals sit nicely upfront in the mix. Perhaps could use a little more variation throughout the song in terms of which instruments take the lead ... for example on the guitar solos (and a few other hooks scattered through the song). Some more automation would take care of that.
All sound is a distortion of silence / soundcloud.com/jeffd42