Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Triviul feat. The Fiend: 'Widow'
my mix,

.mp3    widow mm.mp3 --  (Download: 8.43 MB)

(21-06-2014, 10:34 AM)takka360 Wrote: my mix,

Great balance as usual, and a lovely vocal sound too -- good work. Wonder whether the small-speaker translation of the bass part could perhaps be improved, though. A bit more midrange to the main bass line would help make its melodic element a bit clearer for me. I also think there's not really enough of a 'rush' into the final chorus iteration for me, although I generally like the way the vocal sample expands the choruses relative to the verses. I initially though that the sample might be a bit dull-sounding, but it works well as a contrast to the lead vocal tone, which is good.
Thanks or feedback Mike,mixed again and spent a bit more time and am pretty happy with the outcome.
Tell me what you think.I gave it some Pensado treatment lol

.mp3    Widow final master.mp3 --  (Download: 8.48 MB)

Like the bass a lot more on my PC speakers now. Lots of good things besides -- as usual! Smile Is the string synth a bit loud in the second verse? It feels a bit too much like it's competing with the lead vocal to me. Overall you've come up with quite a different vision than I did back in the day, but that's no bad thing, even though it took some getting used to for me initially. Still not quite sure about the heavy vocal effects at the outset, though, given that the choruses seem quite dry vocally.
Cheers Mike ,yes I think you are right deffo about synth its well too loud.
The vox I did go a bit ott lol.
New mix

.mp3    Widow master.mp3 --  (Download: 8.49 MB)

I like the Bass and Drums a lot! The Reverb on the Main Vocs seems a bit strange to me in relation to the verb on the adlips, becouse it has a longer decay i think?
But the overall sound of the vocals is really good, goes right in your Face Big Grin
Would like your opinion on mine Smile