Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Borderline - Jamolir Mix
Hey guys!

Gave this one a crack!

Cheers!
/Marcus

.mp3    Borderline - Jamolir Mix.mp3 --  (Download: 10.45 MB)

Beautiful mix. Absolutely love the panning, bass, acoustic, and drum levels. It really is a great song, and a good mix makes it a whole lot better.

This mix makes my hair stand up, gives me the goosebumps. Makes me feel the music. It's the daily driver for my listening habits, it's what I look for when listening to tunes.

If I were to mix the tune, I'd definitely try to achieve what you did here. It negates my efforts trying to mix this one down.

Great job. Smile
Cubase 7 LE | Intel i7 3.70GHz, 16 GB RAM, ASRock Z87 Extreme4, NVidia 760GTX, 238GB SSD | Steinberg UR22, Yorkville YSM5 x2, Yorkville YSS10, Presonus Faderport, Novation Impulse 49, Shure Beta 57A, Audio Technica AT5050 | Mesa Engineering 5:50 Express, Line 6 M13 | Bunch of Guitars
(02-07-2014, 06:25 AM)philantropie Wrote: Beautiful mix. Absolutely love the panning, bass, acoustic, and drum levels. It really is a great song, and a good mix makes it a whole lot better.

This mix makes my hair stand up, gives me the goosebumps. Makes me feel the music. It's the daily driver for my listening habits, it's what I look for when listening to tunes.

If I were to mix the tune, I'd definitely try to achieve what you did here. It negates my efforts trying to mix this one down.

Great job. Smile

Wow! Thanx man! Means the world! It really does..

Cheers
/Marcus
Hey Jamolir,

great mix matey. I had a go at it myself but can't beat yours... ;-)
well done. The best mix of this song in here so far. Nice, pretty good defined mix.
Thanks
Juraj
Would you reveal your eq and compressor ( limiter if any) settings on the acoustic guitars?
Thanks
I like it a lot, even with the misplaced guitar solo Smile
I really like what you did with the bass. A really good mix!
Wow very very good mix. (Listening on ear buds) totally nailed it. I was so blown away that I wasnt listening critically so after 2nd listen only 2 possible and slight things. Snare might have been able to cut through as well with a little less bite or crack, which to my ears would fit into the genre a tad bit better. I could be wrong though. This last piece is a bit out of your control but would be awesome. I'm missing some of the sonics one gets from a live band performance. Would make the mix even more believable if the sounds of the guitars, bass, and vocals interacted with the snares during the parts where the music dies down just like it would if the song had been live tracked or performed all at once. Could possibly be achieved by a room mic recording the mix being played loudly with a drum kit or just a snare drum placed in the room. That being said I would have paid handsomely for your mix. Keep em coming please.